What a Career at ASCO Can Offer You
A Stable, Growing Workplace
- ASCO has tripled its staff in the last 10 years
- ASCO offers opportunities at different career levels throughout several departments, as well as at the Conquer Cancer Foundation and CancerLinQ ™
ASCO Works – Our Way of Working
- ASCO is a flexible, high-performance membership organization where employees collaborate to support our mission through evidence, care, and impact. Together with Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation and CancerLinQ colleagues, we foster a culture that prioritizes customer-centricity, emphasizes teamwork, commits to quality, and values inclusion. Our culture, ASCO Works – Our Way of Working, has long enabled workplace flexibility and embraced technology to help us achieve balance.
A Dedication to Diversity
- At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organizations’ culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
First-Class Tools and Technology to Help Employees Stay Connected
- Ability to access systems remotely from most PCs, tablets, and mobile devices
Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits
- Market-based, annually reviewed salaries
- Family-friendly benefits, including a generous 401(k) plan, comprehensive health insurance packages, transportation subsidy, and more
A Convenient Location
- Headquartered in Alexandria, VA
- Close to the Beltway, Eisenhower Avenue metro station, and a variety of restaurants
- Accessible to people with disabilities
Is ASCO the Right Place for You?
ASCO has a unique work environment that might not be for everyone. When thinking about applying for an open position, please ask yourself these questions:
- Have you connected to our mission and are you ready to embrace the vision of a world without cancer?
- Are you excited to think of the possibility of joining a group of talented and committed staff who are making a positive impact on quality care for patients with cancer?
- Are you able to embrace our Core Values, which provide the foundation for ASCO’s culture?
- Do you have impeccable customer service skills?
ASCO connects a global network of nearly 45,000 oncology professionals. The Society serves as the leading resource for best practices in clinical oncology research and academic and community practice. Our members work hard and are courteous and professional; we provide the same level of service to them by embracing a “can-do” and solution-oriented attitude.
- Do you have high standards and a commitment to quality?
In a fast paced and innovative environment, it’s important that we consistently exceed expectations and set high standards. Our members need employees who are proactive, take initiative and are tenacious problem solvers. We value quality results even in the face of obstacles.
- Are you innovative and do you think outside of the box?
ASCO employees think creatively and seek a diversity of ideas. We bring bold and imaginative thinking to all that we do. We are progressive and experiment with new approaches, and are open and adaptable to change.
- Do you thrive in a team oriented environment?
Work at ASCO is highly collaborative. Employees share and seek information and expertise from one another and provide constructive input and feedback. We treat one another with respect, regardless of business function, title, tenure, perspective, or opinion.
- If you are leading/supervising staff, are you:
- Open to new ideas