ASCO aims to attract and retain the best people. To achieve this goal, ASCO offers a competitive benefits package and compensation program, contributing to a fulfilling and excellent employment experience.
Fidelity 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employees become eligible to defer their salary within their first month at ASCO; employees who do not make a deferral election will be automatically enrolled at a rate of 6% (employee can opt out).
- Employees are immediately eligible, upon hire, to begin receiving the ASCO 401(k) plan contributions
- ASCO contributes 7.5% of earnings
- Four-year vesting schedule based on employment anniversary: 25% on one-year anniversary, 50% on two-year anniversary, 75% on three-year anniversary, and 100% on four-year anniversary
Medical Insurance Benefits
Employees and eligible dependents (spouse/domestic partner and children) are eligible for coverage on the first day of the month following their hire date. Employee contributions to premium costs are minimal.
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance
- One POS Plan and one POS plan with an HSA
- All Plans include medical, prescription drug, and vision benefits
- MetLife Dental Insurance—Includes orthodontia
Health & Wellness Benefits
ASCO pays 100% of the premiums for the benefits listed below. Benefit eligibility begins on the first of the month following hire date:
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance—provides 60% salary (up to a maximum of $10,000/month) for qualified injury or illness
- Life Insurance—benefit is two times annual base salary up to a maximum of $200,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)—service providing up to six counseling sessions, as well as referrals for work/life, legal, and financial services
- Flexible time off - employees can take the time off that they need as long as the employee meets their work deliverables
- Paid Family Leave - eligible employees may take up to four (4) work weeks of Paid Family Leave during a rolling 12-month period for a qualifying reason
- 13 paid holidays in which offices are closed for business
- 13 days of leave for extended medical absences
- For 2022, ASCO is closed for Staff Appreciation Days between Christmas and New Year's
- Transportation Subsidy—ASCO pays for parking on-site or provides up to $165/month for mass transit
- Supplemental life and long-term disability insurance available annually
ASCO’s pay philosophy is to maintain a fair and competitive compensation program that is market-based, tied to performance, and aligned with ASCO’s core values. ASCO’s goal is to keep pace in the marketplace by paying competitively to attract, hire, and retain the most qualified professionals. Our salary program features job families that allow for the identification of functional knowledge-based professional specialties.
ASCO also offers a variety of employee programs in order to support career advancement, promote community outreach and employee engagement, and contribute to innovative ideas.
A Focus on Professional Development and Career Growth
- Support for seeking learning and advancement opportunities within the organization
- Career path and job coaching guidance including management training
- Instructor-led training, access to LinkedIn Learning’s e-learning offerings, and participation in external training programs
- Education Support Program that provides financial assistance to employees enrolled in qualified postsecondary programs and professional certifications
- Mentoring Program which fosters communication, knowledge-sharing, and collaboration across departments
- Established chapter for Toastmasters International®
- Membership in professional associations
- Innovative and interactive new employee onboarding program
- Wellness programs including an annual health fair, onsite gym, and other wellness events
- Social events, holiday celebrations, and creative gatherings
- Complimentary beverages and healthy snacks offered daily
- Employee Referral Program in which an employee may be eligible to receive a monetary award if a referral is hired
- Community outreach programs and volunteer opportunities to give back to the cancer care community