The Conquer Cancer – Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Advanced Clinical Research Award (ACRA) in Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) Research is designed with the primary goal of supporting mid-career physician scientists to conduct original triple negative breast cancer research not currently funded and to establish a successful career path in this field.
The research proposed for this funding must be translational and/or clinical in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to triple negative breast cancer treatment and outcomes. Special areas of research interest include:
- Optimizing treatment of TNBC, including addressing overtreatment and de-escalation strategies
- New and effective ways of using immunotherapy
- Overcoming therapy resistance
- New drug combinations
The total award amount is $450,000 over three years, payable in annual increments of $150,000. Conquer Cancer has funding for one ACRA in TNBC Research which will be awarded to the most meritorious application evaluated for this competition.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for the ACRA in TNBC Research:
- Be a physician (MD, DO, or international equivalent).
- Have completed productive post-doctoral/post fellowship research and demonstrated the ability to undertake independent investigator-initiated clinical research in triple negative breast cancer.
- At mid-career level, normally between four to nine years from the first, full-time, primary faculty appointment in a clinical department at an academic medical institution by the application deadline.
- Be an ASCO member or have submitted a membership application with the grant application. To apply for new membership, or to renew an existing membership, go to asco.org/membership.
- Be able to commit 75 percent of full-time effort in research (applies to total research, not just the proposed project) during the award period.
- Applicants who have previously received other grants from Conquer Cancer must be up-to-date and in compliance with all requirements (e.g. progress reports, final reports, budget summaries, IRB approvals, etc.) of any past grants.
- Eligible applicants are allowed to hold only one active grant from Conquer Cancer at a time.
All applications must be submitted in accordance to the requirements and instructions of the Request for Proposals (RFP). All application materials must be in English and must be submitted through the Application Portal. Paper applications or applications sent by e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: April 7, 2023 (11:59 PM ET)
LOIs will be approved no later than April 14, 2023
Full Application Due: June 16, 2023 (11:59 PM ET)
Anticipated Notification Date: August 2023
Anticipated Award Term: October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2026
The Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Advanced Clinical Research Award is supported by:
This list reflects commitments as of May 26, 2023.