2022 Program Directors' Retreat
November 3-4, 2022 | ASCO Headquarters in Alexandria, VA (in-person & listen-only virtual)
For late registration, please contact the Professional Development team.
Learn best practices, gain access to concrete, real-life examples, and network and share information with peers. The ASCO Program Directors’ Retreat was developed to expand the knowledge of Hematology/Oncology Training Program Directors and Associate Program Directors and to provide resources for them to develop the tools needed to satisfy the ACGME program requirements.
Audience & Registration
Attendance is limited to Program Directors, Associate Program Directors, Program Coordinators, and Key Clinical faculty. There is no registration fee to attend the Retreat, however, travel and hotel arrangements are the attendee's responsibility.
- List of area hotels
- Driving & walking directions to ASCO
- IMPORTANT: Due to metro station closures near ASCO HQ, we strongly advise that attendees do NOT take the metro shuttles to/from Reagan National Airport (DCA) or ASCO HQ. We advise travel by ride-share (Uber/Lyft) or taxi instead.
- Guest parking at ASCO
Components of the In-Person 2022 Program Directors’ Retreat
Thursday, November 3
- 8:30 AM–12:00 PM: Half-day Seminar for new Program Directors. Content is geared towards attendees newer to their role, but everyone is welcome to attend. Breakfast is provided.
- 12:00 PM–4:00 PM: Half-day Faculty Development Seminar with content covering how to use Learning Science to improve teaching. Lunch is provided.
- 5:30 PM–8:00 PM: Networking Dinner with opportunities to connect with colleagues and engage in focused discussions. Dinner and drinks are provided.
Friday, November 4
- 8:30 AM–3:00 PM: Full-day, traditional retreat programming covering topics of remediation, DEI in your program, and more. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
If you have any questions, please email the Professional Development team.