State & Regional Affiliates
The ASCO State/Regional Affiliate Program addresses the practical needs of practicing oncologists by offering a range of services to its State/Regional Affiliates (local oncology societies). The affiliate program includes 47 state or regional oncology groups. These groups benefit from the Society's expertise and guidance on ways to
- Strengthen their organizations
- Improve policies and procedures
- Enhance educational activities
- Provide support to their members
Each state/regional affiliate has two voting representatives on the ASCO State Affiliate Council. These representatives serve as a bridge between the affiliate and the Association. If your affiliate has experienced a recent leadership change, please fill out the State Affiliate Council Contact form to ensure the appropriate contacts are kept informed.
If your state/regional society is interested in having an ASCO-sponsored speaker at an upcoming meeting, ASCO leadership and/or staff are available (schedule permitting) to speak on the following topics:
- Advocacy Update (Regulatory, Capitol Hill and State Advocacy)
- ASCO Update
- ASCO Guidelines (Specific Guideline or Disease Site Topic – asco.org/guidelines)
- ASCO Standards (asco.org/standards)
- Care Delivery and Payment Reform Efforts
- Coding & Billing (Advance Care Planning, Care Management Services, Z Codes and Social Determinants of Health, 2021 Evaluation and Management Changes)
- Copay Accumulators/Maximizers & Alternative Funding Programs
- Drug Price Negotiations
- Drug Shortages
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Federal Regulatory Update
- Federal Legislative Update
- Grassroots and Advocacy Opportunities
- Operational Benchmarks for Oncology Practices (PracticeNET)
- Quality Initiatives (APC4, CancerLinQ®, Oncology Medical Home, QOPI®, QOPI Certification, Quality Training Program)
- Quality Payment Program: Education and Implementation
- Rural Health
- State Advocacy Update
- Surprise Billing
Please feel free to request speakers on additional topics that are not listed above. After reading the guidelines, please submit a speaker request form to ASCO at least 90 days prior to the meeting.
For More Information
- For information related to our administrative policies, procedures, and standards please review our State/Regional Affiliate Program Agreement.
- To learn more about the State Affiliate Council, please review the Council's Priorities.
- For all other inquiries, including the next State Affiliate Council Meeting, Leadership Conference, or Annual Election, email us or call 571-483-1670.
The Membership Directory is your go-to tool for finding and interacting with other members. Designed to keep you in touch with like-minded colleagues, the Membership Directory app enables you to build your professional network, connect with colleagues at meetings and easily provide other members’ information to patients seeking a referral. Using the app, members can search by name, organization, specialty and/or certification.