The American Society of Clinical Oncology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CE Program General Information
ASCO has been an accredited provider of continuing medical education since 1977. The Society designed the comprehensive continuing education (CE) program to help oncology providers acquire and maintain the knowledge and skillset needed to improve the care of patients with cancer and survivors.
- CE Program Mission Statement: View ASCO’s Continuing Education mission statement
- Policies for Relationships with Companies: Access our policies regarding the management of potential conflicts of interest
- Implementation Plan: Access our policies regarding the ASCO Policy for Relationships with Companies as it relates to compliance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification program promotes lifelong learning and the enhancement of the clinical judgment and skills that are essential for high-quality patient care. ASCO supports these principles by providing its members with a variety of opportunities to efficiently earn MOC points for CME accredited activities.
Please visit the ABIM's MOC page to learn more about MOC requirements and procedures for certification.
For the latest news and information from the ABIM, including updates about the MOC program, visit abim.org.
ABIM Extended Deadlines
In recognition of the current stress and strain on physicians due to COVID-19, the ABIM Board of Directors has announced it will extend all Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirement deadlines through December 31, 2022. As a result, no diplomates will lose their certification if they aren’t able to complete any MOC requirements this year. Learn more about the extension or contact ABIM’s Customer Care team at 1-800-441-ABIM or via email.
CE/MOC Activity Options
Health care professionals can obtain CME and/or CE credit and request MOC points through participation in a variety of ASCO activities, including:
- Meetings and Symposia: Learn more about ASCO’s educational meetings and symposia
- ASCO Education: Access hundreds of online learning activities available for CE credits
Learn more about CME that earns MOC points
CE Credit/Certificate Access
- ASCO Profile: Download/print credit transcripts and certificates for education meetings from the past seven years. Please contact Customer Service if you need a certificate for meetings that is not listed.
- ASCO Education: Claim Continuing Education credits for digital education courses, finish courses in progress, or access certificates for courses completed after May 2019. Please contact Customer Service if you need a certificate for digital education courses that is not listed.
Phone: 888-282-2552, 703-299-0158