The American Society of Clinical Oncology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CE Program General Information
ASCO has been an accredited provider of continuing medical education since 1977. The Society designed the comprehensive continuing education (CE) program to help oncology providers acquire and maintain the knowledge and skillset needed to improve the care of patients with cancer and survivors.
- CE Program Mission Statement: View ASCO’s Continuing Education mission statement
- Policies for Relationships with Companies: Access our policies regarding the management of potential conflicts of interest
- Implementation Plan: Access our policies regarding the ASCO Policy for Relationships with Companies as it relates to compliance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Continuing Medical Education of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
The Maintenance of Certification programs from both the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) promote lifelong learning, self-assessment, and the enhancement of the clinical judgment that are essential for the delivery of high quality patient care. ASCO supports these principles by providing its members with a variety of opportunities to efficiently earn MOC points for CME-accredited activities.
For activities that offer ABIM and/or ABP MOC points, it is ASCO’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to the ACCME for the purpose of granting MOC credit. The ACCME also logs learner CME credit records for state licensing boards based on previously reported ABIM and ABP MOC points in cases where certifying board records can be matched with state licensing records.
CE/MOC Activity Options
Health care professionals can obtain CME and request MOC points through participation in a variety of ASCO activities, including
- Meetings and Symposia: Learn more about ASCO’s educational meetings and symposia
- ASCO Education: Access hundreds of online learning activities available for CE credits
CE Credit/Certificate Access
- ASCO Profile: Download/print credit transcripts and certificates for education meetings from the past seven years. Please contact Customer Service if you need a certificate for meetings that is not listed.
- ASCO Education: Claim Continuing Education credits for digital education courses, finish courses in progress, or access certificates for courses completed after May 2019. Please contact Customer Service if you need a certificate for digital education courses that is not listed.
Phone: 888-282-2552, 703-299-0158