Monthly Plenary Series
The ASCO Plenary Series is your chance to present breaking and relevant science year-round—this is the research that can't wait for the next meeting! The Scientific Review Committee is seeking abstracts that highlight high-impact research with practice-changing implications.
Within two months of submission, accepted abstracts are presented in an online session that includes an invited discussant and live Question-and-Answer.
Watch the November ASCO Plenary Series Session
No registration is required to participate—all virtual sessions and on-demand recordings are free and open to anyone. However, you must log in with an ASCO.org username and password to access the session live or on-demand. If you forgot your password, you can reset it now.
Submit Your Abstract
You don't have to wait for the next meeting to maximize the visibility and impact of your research. Visit ASCO's submission guidelines and policies for more information as you prepare for your submission.
Dates to Know
The ASCO Plenary Series occurs bi-monthly throughout the year, with a short break surrounding the ASCO Annual Meeting. Featured abstracts will be released at 5:00 PM ET the day prior to presentation. Mark your calendar for the following dates:
|Submission Opens||Submission Deadline||Abstract Presentation|
|February 2024||September 19, 2023||December 5, 2023||February 6, 2024|
|April 2024||February 7, 2024||March 12, 2024||April 30, 2024|
Abstract Submission and Presentation
The Plenary Series Author Experience:
- Global visibility of research with ASCO’s nearly 50K members in 180 countries.
- Research promoted to ASCO’s social audiences of nearly 350K worldwide.
- Submissions are peer-reviewed and discussed by the Scientific Review Committee. Abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- Plenary Series abstracts are included in a special session at the ASCO Annual Meeting. This session was one of the top 10 best-attended sessions at the 2023 Annual Meeting.
- News releases are developed and disseminated under embargo to highlight research findings to more than 500 trade and consumer reporters.
- Visit ASCO's submission guidelines and policies for more information as you prepare for your submission.
The Membership Directory is your go-to tool for finding and interacting with other members. Designed to keep you in touch with like-minded colleagues, the Membership Directory app enables you to build your professional network, connect with colleagues at meetings and easily provide other members’ information to patients seeking a referral. Using the app, members can search by name, organization, specialty and/or certification.