ASCO is committed to helping oncology practitioners implement ASCO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations. The Practice Guidelines Implementation Network (PGIN) is a network of ASCO volunteers who aid in the dissemination and promote implementation of ASCO clinical practice guidelines in the oncology practice community. As delegated by the Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee (CPGC), PGIN shares ASCO’s evidence-based recommendations on cancer care with colleagues and networks.
PGIN membership includes Evidence Based Medicine Committee (EBMC) members, State Society members, oncologists (community and academic), and other disease site content experts with an interdisciplinary focus (medical oncology, pediatric oncology, surgical oncology and radiation oncology), oncology nurses, hematology/oncology pharmacists; and oncology practice managers.
Members of PGIN:
- Participate on guideline expert panels and Guideline Advisory Groups (GAGs)
- Provide input on the implementability of guideline recommendations
- Encourage the Guideline Panels to discuss practice issues that could impact the application of recommendations
- Review and comment on ASCO guideline implementation tools or suggest new tools
- Communicate about ASCO clinical practice guidelines and clinical tools and resources to peers (State Society members, specialty society members, colleagues).
- Serve as an “ambassador” to communicate about ASCO guidelines and implementation tools to their State Societies and other specialty societies
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and join PGIN.