The 2023 ASCO President, Lynn Schuchter, MD, FASCO, has made providing palliative and supportive care to all patients with cancer a central focus in her presidential theme, “The Art and Science of Cancer Care: From Comfort to Cure.” While not all cancer clinicians can be palliative care specialists, palliative and supportive care is an important part of every patient’s treatment plan. To that end, ASCO is hosting a complimentary webinar, Making Palliative Care a Part of Your Oncology Practice.
Watch the webinar now. It was released on World Hospice & Palliative Care Day, October 14, 2023.
This webinar brings together researchers and experts in the field of palliative care and will provide practical tools and resources for cancer clinicians who are interested in integrating palliative and supportive care into their oncology practice. Discussion topics include:
- Current and ongoing research in palliative and supportive care
- The benefits of early intervention for palliative care
- How to leverage the multidisciplinary team when providing patient support
- Ways oncologists can build and grow the practice of palliative care in their centers
- The ASCO Palliative Care Community of Practice, and the ways this group can offer support, resources, and mentorship
Learn more about the webinar below:
Introduction by Julie R. Gralow, MD, FACP, FASCO – American Society of Clinical Oncology
Lynn Schuchter, MD, FASCO - University of Pennsylvania
Felicia Marie Knaul, PhD - University of Miami
William Rosa, PhD, MBE, MS - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Ramy Sedhom, MD - University of Pennsylvania
Jennifer Temel, MD, FASCO - Massachusetts General Hospital