Volunteer with ASCO
ASCO’s volunteer program continues to expand each year. At any given time, there are more than 2,000 volunteers helping to shape ASCO’s direction across 200 volunteer groups.
Help Guide ASCO and Build Relationships
Volunteers are dedicated professionals, leaders, and experts in their fields whose skills, passion, and varied perspectives help advance the mission of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Association for Clinical Oncology (collectively, ASCO).
Volunteering offers members opportunities to shape ASCO’s strategy while, at the same time, building new relationships with fellow professionals in the oncology field. Serving on committees and volunteer groups offer members:
- An opportunity to contribute skills and expertise generated through experience.
- The opportunity to take on a new challenge and frame all aspects of the work of ASCO.
- Participation in virtual opportunities with flexible time commitments.
- Earn engagement points through continued service toward the FASCO distinction.
Committee and volunteer groups provide insight into special activities and projects. Members serve on a rotating basis as volunteers on groups for which they have relevant experience.
ASCO’s strategic plan and diversity goals and initiatives include volunteerism as a strategic component in achieving our collective goals. These goals and initiatives are critical to ensure the intentional inclusion of varied perspectives of individual characteristics, experiences, and culture. Volunteers are generally required to be members and may hold up to three concurrent positions.
The Volunteer Corps expands the existing volunteer program to engage diverse perspectives and ensure that members interested in volunteering can find opportunities that fit their interests and available time commitment.
Examples of Volunteer Corps opportunities include
- Providing member-user insight to existing and new technology solutions (websites, apps, etc.);
- Writing for the ASCO Daily News and ASCO Connection
- Reviewing manuscripts for ASCO’s Journals
The Membership Directory is your go-to tool for finding and interacting with other members. Designed to keep you in touch with like-minded colleagues, the Membership Directory app enables you to build your professional network, connect with colleagues at meetings and easily provide other members’ information to patients seeking a referral. Using the app, members can search by name, organization, specialty and/or certification.