ASCO's Coding Tip of the Month: December 2023
In the CMS 2024 Final Rule for the Physician Fee Schedule, several codes were created to report activities to address social determinants of health, care navigation, and visit complexity. ASCO has developed several new resources on these codes and services: Care Management and SDOH G Code Comparison resource , which evaluates the similarities and differences between the Care Management CPT code family and the new Community Health Integration, Principal Illness Navigation, and the SDOH Risk Assessment codes and a one-page resource on the new G2211 Visit Complexity Add-on Code. Visit ASCO’s Coding and Reimbursement page for these resources and more.
2024 Oncology Coding Updates
A review of important 2024 updates from the CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS code sets that oncology practices need to know.
2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule Update
Informative session on Medicare’s 2024 Physician Fee Schedule Rule and its impacts on oncology.
- NEW – Visit Add On Complexity Code
- NEW – Care Management and SDOH G Code Comparison
- Care Management Services
- UPDATED -- Split/Shared E/M Services
- Hospice Physician Billing
- UPDATED – Coding and Reporting Social Determinants of Health
- Advance Care Planning
- Drug Waste Modifiers
- NEW – Vaccine Reporting
- UPDATED – Coding Tip of the Month Archive
Evaluation & Management Services Changes
2023 Evaluation & Management Service Changes
- Important Updates to Evaluation and Management Services in 2023
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Selecting a Code Based on Time
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Medical Decision-Making Simplified
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Inpatient, Observation, and Discharge
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Consultations
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Guideline Updates, Clarifications, and Corrections
- UPDATED – 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Prolonged Services
- 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes: Practice Tips
- ASCO’s Guide to 2023 Evaluation and Management Changes
2021 Office and Outpatient Evaluation & Management Services Changes
- ASCO’s Guide to 2021 Evaluation & Management Changes (Updated)
- 2021 E/M Changes Updates and Clarifications
- Webinar: Prolonged Evaluation and Management Services
- Changes to Evaluation and Management Codes in 2021
- 2021 Evaluation and Management Changes: Selecting a Code Based on Time
- 2021 Evaluation and Management Changes: New Prolonged Services Code
- Selecting an E/M Code Based on Medical Decision Making in 2021
Coding & Reimbursement Questions?
ASCO members can submit inquiries related to coding, reimbursement, or coverage via email. ASCO staff will respond to your question in a timely manner.