ASCO’s Oncology Training Programs (OTP) Committee developed Quarterly Connections to create additional networking opportunities for HemOnc and MedOnc Training Program Directors & Coordinators. ASCO hosts these quarterly webinars to keep the community engaged and connected throughout the year. These calls provide an opportunity to share best practices, discuss hot topics, and offer an open forum for questions. Recordings are available on the Oncology Training Program Directors’ Video Library.
ASCO will provide call information via email, the bi-weekly ASCO Connection newsletter, and post details on the myConnection platform for Program Directors and Program Coordinators. We will periodically reach out to the Program Director community to solicit topic suggestions and presenters. Please contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
Onsite Visits: Visit a Colleague, Observe & Learn
Onsite visits provide an opportunity for Training Program Directors to network and learn from one another. During an onsite visit, a Program Director spends a day at another Program Director’s home institution, providing the opportunity to observe a typical day, speak with key clinical faculty or trainees and see the ins and outs of another fellowship training program.
Willing to host visitors?
Please sign-up on our host list if you are willing to host a Program Director for a 1-day visit at your institution.
At any time, if you need to permanently or temporarily remove yourself from the host list, please do so at your will.
How do I set up or request a visit?
- Go to the host list
- Review the potential hosts
- Contact the desired host directly to schedule a date and develop an agenda
General Recommendations for an Onsite Visit
- ASCO will promote this opportunity, but will not provide funding or sponsorship
- All expenses should be paid for by the visitor or the visitor’s institution
- The hosting Program Director is encouraged to develop an agenda for the 1-day visitor
- Sample Agenda: Visiting Vanderbilt University
- Potential activities or topics for the day include, but are not limited to:
- Attending a clinical case conference
- Meeting the assistant program directors, division chief, and CC Director
- Meeting with the fellows
- Attending a fellowship activity such as a “Research in Progress Meeting”
- A 9 AM – 5 PM “schedule” is encouraged
- Evening activities are not required but can be considered. Moreover, the host institution could take the visitor to dinner with a group of faculty and fellows
- Successful and fruitful visits could be discussed at the Program Directors’ Retreat/Annual Meeting Program Directors’ Breakfast